Quick Links: Employee Satisfaction Surveys 4Cs Employee Survey FAQs Employee Survey Benchmarks
ABOUT SERVICES PRICING TESTIMONIALS ARTICLES BLOG CONTACT1-866-802-8095
6 Steps to Ensure Successful Project Completion
Posted by Insightlink on 11/29/21
Several projects go way over the budget and go beyond the deadlines. If you take a close look at these problematic projects and the faulty execution, you will realize that these projects have failed on many different fronts. Some of these areas that lacked will include the absence of professional planning and poor communication during various stages of project execution. We will check out six steps in this article. If you can follow them, it will ensure that all projects of your company are completed successfully and within the requisite deadlines.
1. Perform a complete study of the project: Significantly, you are learning different things about a project together with the importance of these things as required by the client. It will aid you in answering some of these questions. How big is the project and what is the target? What are the benefits of this project execution to the client? When you consider your organization, where does this project come into the picture? Do you have the required resources at hand for completing this project?
Ensure that you have all the necessary answers to these questions before you move on to the next steps. Also, make sure your team members are ready for the project. One important factor towards successful project completion is to create a comfortable space for your team members. First of all, a comfortable workplace entails a cozy and relaxing environment with an ergonomic chair, a well-furnished office, and a creative workstation. A comfortable workplace also means healthy relationships between team members and flourishing teamwork.
2. Develop a solid project plan: It is the most significant stage of any project. Having a detailed plan can enlist the significant milestones in the project together with the members that are assigned specific roles. Ensure that you are assigning generous deadlines to the team members that will allow sufficient breathing space for quality work. Get this plan approved by the client. Now, hold meetings with the team members and management that will explain the plan in detail. It must provide a clear picture of what is expected.
3. Monitor the work progress daily after the start of the project: Project management is not a simple job. It is going to need plenty of devotion and effort. You are required to monitor various tasks on an everyday basis. For instance, check if the members are using human translation services if the work requires the use of translators. All this will ensure that you are not lagging in any assignments. You will also be able to assign more resources for work that is taking more time for completion than normal. Document the various stages of the project because they will be useful for the future.
4. Keep your clients informed: Arrive at an understanding about how you will update the clients about different developments in a project. Ideally, you must send a couple of emails in a week. However, you must be honest with your client about the updates both negative and positive. If you need, ask for more time and an extension of the deadline by consulting with the client if required.
5. Test the completed work at regular intervals: You will be required to test the deliverables of your project at regular intervals. This is to ensure that all things are going as per plan. This will help avoid heartache during the closing stages of a project. You can take corrective measures immediately if there is anything amiss at the time of testing.
6. Delivery of the completed project: The most eagerly anticipated moment for any team working on a project and the client is the news about the completion of the project. This will be a moment of great joy or disappointment for the team members and others associated with the project. Ensure that the final solution you have provided complies with the client's expectations. Ensure that you are following the first 5 steps religiously to have all things end smoothly.
Keep in mind that all projects will provide lessons for the future. Absorb all the positives and learn about different negative things. This will allow you to be better prepared for the next projects. There are some significant touchstones involved in project completion such as budget, scope, and schedule to keep it on track. Taking these steps makes the job of the project manager a lot easier in the long run. It is also useful for managing all the pieces of the assignment through on-time and successful completion. Being ahead of the game has become extremely crucial for any project due to the pandemic as many teams are working remotely.
Where does your company stand on each of the critical "4Cs" of employee engagement and satisfaction?
How many of each do you have?
AboutInsightlink Communications are experts in employee survey design, data collection and analysis. Since 2001 we've helped companies of all sizes measure and improve their employee satisfaction and engagement.
4Cs Blog Home
4Cs Blog Archives
The Impact of Coworking Spaces on Employee Productivity and Satisfaction
Strategies To Build Training Opportunities for Remote Software Developers
Why are workplace safety inspections important?
Decoding Stock Performance’s Influence on Employee Retirement Plans
Why You Should Never Mix Scales in Your Employee Survey
Insightlink's Acclaimed 4Cs Employee Survey
Advanced Online Survey Platform for Pros
Quick & Easy Online Surveys
Home of the Gallup Q12
World at Work
Engaged Employees Blog
HR ToolKit Guide to Employee Surveys
Good info on how to write surveys.
Makes 360 assessment surveys easy.
Online Employee Exit surveys.
4Cs EMPLOYEE SURVEY
ARTICLES & GUIDES
Copyright © Insightlink Communications. All rights reserved.