AN INTRODUCTION TO EMPLOYEE RESEARCH TECHNIQUES Electronic/Web-Enabled versus Paper-Based
Increasingly, organizations are starting to move towards electronic methods of surveying their employees and the most common method is hosting a web-enabled survey. This type of survey offers many benefits including:
However, before deciding that this is all too good to be true and that a web-enabled survey is the best option, consideration should be given to the following questions:
- Cheaper and easier to administer than a paper-based survey,
- Availability of real time response rates,
- Giving each respondent a unique access password prevents employees from completing more than one survey,
- Allows employees to be routed to certain questions based on their type and/or their responses to certain questions without them knowing they are being routed,
- Ensures all respondents answer every question they are asked.
If some of these problems exist, then it may be more appropriate to initially administer a mostly paper-based survey with a small scale web-enabled pilot in the most appropriate parts of the organization. In future years, the web-enabled element can be increased until it completely replaces paper-based completion.
- Do all employees have, or have access to, a PC that has external Internet access?
- Are all of the employees sufficiently computer literate to complete a web-enabled survey?
- Do you have field-based employees and, if so, how would they complete a web-enabled survey?
- Can your IT Department provide the necessary assistance with the survey?
- Is the culture in place for it and would it adversely affect the response rate if the survey were web-enabled?
Insightlink Communications offers both web-enabled surveys and paper-based surveys that are customized to each individual company's needs.
|| Where do you fall within the Loyalty Matrix?
» Committed Loyalist?
» Change Seeker?
What's your guess?
Take our short demo survey and find out now. An Insightlink 4Cs Survey can let you see this valuable data on employee engagement within your organization.
Did You Know?
Our repeat clients who have used our 4Cs Action Planning Workbook average a 7% increase in overall satisfaction on follow-up employee surveys.
to download report samples.
Employee surveys are a low cost investment in the success and profitability of your company. Research shows that companies with higher levels of employee satisfaction financially outperform their peers.
Get a no-obligation quote today and find out how improving employee satisfaction can also improve your bottom line.